If you continue to use Version 12.1, you will no longer get updates, security upgrades, data corrections, critical patch updates, or legal and regulatory changes. This article highlights the various benefits that are associated with the benefits of shifting to oracle EBS 12.2.
- Upgrades to EBS 12.2 necessitate significant adjustments to data structures and capabilities. Your company must do a functional evaluation of the Oracle EBS apps in your current R12.1 Oracle e-business suite in order to find any gaps. To find crucial steps and application issues, you must look at how the current programme is used. Then, to make sure nothing has changed, you should check manual process steps, third-party components, and current customizations, tweaks, and additions.
- Configurations/customizations, extensions, alterations, localizations, and internationalizations evaluated by CEMLI: A preliminary evaluation of the present CEMLIs will highlight any areas that may require more attention during upgrade testing. Following an upgrade, there may be a few minor changes or tweaks to your local system settings. These modifications may have an influence on an entire business process outside of your EBS application.
- CEMLI retrofit: Any system adaptations should be evaluated and regarded as customised applications. All interfaces, form modifications, descriptive flex fields, and customised reports should be thoroughly tested to ensure that they have not been influenced by changes to tables or APIs in the new application.
- Technical upgrade and regression testing: You must be aware of the effects on your critical business activities prior to executing an update. It is advisable that you do a practise upgrade on a clone (or shadow) instance of your production environment and conduct the initial round of regression testing in order to get experience with your upgrade and environments and to identify any potential problems. Describe the practise update in detail, mentioning any problems and how they were fixed.
- Change test scripts: You might need to alter the test scripts you already use from before the Oracle EBS 12.2 upgrade. After an upgrade, you can find that some steps in a process have become obsolete or that a form now contains an extra field. Your test scripts must be changed to reflect these changes, or they will not run correctly. Record any changes that have an impact on your company operations, and then alter your test scripts as needed.
- User Acceptance Testing (UAT): This is the final stage of the update’s quality assurance method. UAT refers to the final verification of an Oracle application’s data, business processes, and functionality. This is critical since it is the final check to ensure that you have full test coverage.
To successfully update Oracle EBS 12.1 to 12.2 upgrade there must be several testing phases, Opkey is one of the best platforms. The most economical and reliable way to minimise severe app downtime is through automated testing. You will waste a lot of time and money if your business users perform multiple cycles of regression testing manually for an EBS update. This time-consuming process might put your business in undue danger due to human error. While still enabling business process experts to participate, no-code automated testing lessens the requirement for substantial, manual user engagement in Oracle EBS testing cycles, ensuring a risk-free upgrade.